- HomeAn Cuan
- About usGeneral info
- An Cuan
- Counselling and Therapy services
- Room Rental
- Our ServicesFull List of Services
- Depression Symptoms and Treatment
- Psycho / Educational / Dyslexia Assessment
- Anxiety Attacks Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Stress Management
- Couple Counselling
- Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples (E.F.T.C.)
- Family therapy
- Learning Disibilities
- Marriage / Relationship / Couple Counselling
- Bereavement and Loss
- Eating Disorders
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Parent and Infant Counselling Services
- Psychological and Psychotherapy Services
- Child Counselling and Psychotherapy Services
- Art Therapy
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Low cost services
- ArticlesArticles of interest
- ContactGet in touch
M.A. (P.T.C), Dip. Psy., Post-Grad Adv. Dip. Ex. Psy., R.C.S.T.
Áine trained in both the Psychodynamic and Existential Models of Psychotherapy in London and received her Master of Arts Degree in the Psychology of Therapy and Counselling in 1990.
In her 21 years of practice she has worked with clients presenting with a wide range of concerns including depression, anxiety, relationship problems with self and others, sexual abuse, suicidal feelings, low self-esteem and bereavement.
Since her earliest days in training, she has a deep interest in healing trauma stored in the body during infancy and this also informs her work with clients who have been adopted and have deep unexplained core life-beliefs which can interfere with their peace in adult life.
Áine gets fulfillment from working with individual clients, couples and adolescents and in providing Supervision for other Psychotherapists. She thoroughly enjoys the teaching aspect of her work which saw her using her teaching skills on the B.A. in Counselling & Psychotherapy at the Dublin Business School. Her periods of working in the Health Board, now the H.S.E., and One in Four, the centre set up for adults sexually abused in childhood, contribute to the experience she brings to her work.
Áine is accredited with the Irish Association of Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy, the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy and is the holder of the European Certificate for Psychotherapy.