- HomeAn Cuan
- About usGeneral info
- An Cuan
- Counselling and Therapy services
- Room Rental
- Our ServicesFull List of Services
- Depression Symptoms and Treatment
- Psycho / Educational / Dyslexia Assessment
- Anxiety Attacks Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Stress Management
- Couple Counselling
- Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples (E.F.T.C.)
- Family therapy
- Learning Disibilities
- Marriage / Relationship / Couple Counselling
- Bereavement and Loss
- Eating Disorders
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Parent and Infant Counselling Services
- Psychological and Psychotherapy Services
- Child Counselling and Psychotherapy Services
- Art Therapy
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Low cost services
- ArticlesArticles of interest
- ContactGet in touch
MA App.Psych., Reg.Psych.PsSI, CPsych.BPS
Deirdre developed her interest in Educational Psychology during her placement on her Masters in Applied Psychology course in 1995. Since that time she has worked with the ISPCC, Barnardos and The Dyslexia Association of Ireland. She joined An Cuan in 2003 and has worked exclusively there since that time.
Deirdre enjoys working with both Children and Adults and the breadth of assessments has consistently grown. She assesses cognitive ability, literacy skills, Social/Emotional profiles and will soon be qualified to perform Emotional Intelligence and Personality tests. Deirdre is registered through the Psychological Society of Ireland.
Deirdre believes working as a part of a Multi-disciplinary team eases the transition from assessment to follow-up support if it is suggested.
She has particular strengths in the areas of establishing rapport and writing clear and concise reports that are easily accessible to both lay people and professionals alike.