- HomeAn Cuan
- About usGeneral info
- An Cuan
- Counselling and Therapy services
- Room Rental
- Our ServicesFull List of Services
- Depression Symptoms and Treatment
- Psycho / Educational / Dyslexia Assessment
- Anxiety Attacks Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Stress Management
- Couple Counselling
- Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples (E.F.T.C.)
- Family therapy
- Learning Disibilities
- Marriage / Relationship / Couple Counselling
- Bereavement and Loss
- Eating Disorders
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Parent and Infant Counselling Services
- Psychological and Psychotherapy Services
- Child Counselling and Psychotherapy Services
- Art Therapy
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Low cost services
- ArticlesArticles of interest
- ContactGet in touch
Francess began her counselling / psychotherapy training in Trinity College, graduating in 1995 with a Diploma in Counselling. During these 20 years Francess has experience of working with clients from many different backgrounds and cultures.
Her theoretical approach incorporates person centred, psychodynamic, gestalt and existential therapy along with attachment theory. Francess views her work with clients as a creative process between therapist and client.
Francess practices within a holistic frame work, so all aspects of the human condition are worked with therapeutically, and therefore the nature of the presenting issue by the client can be wide and varied.
An area of particular interest to Francess in her practice is the Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) and this was her area of research in a masters in psychotherapy with DCU which she completed in August 2013. She has worked in a Centre for the Prevention of Suicide and Self Harm and has worked from An Cuan since 2006.
She is accredited with the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP) since 1998 and is also an accredited member of the Irish Association of Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy (IAHIP). In 2009 Francess completed the Advanced Diploma in Supervision from Middlesex University, London and is an accredited supervisor with IACP.
Cert C NUI, Dip Couns TCD, BA(Hons)Counselling & Psychotherapy, Adv Dip Supervision, MSc Psychotherapy