- HomeAn Cuan
- About usGeneral info
- An Cuan
- Counselling and Therapy services
- Room Rental
- Our ServicesFull List of Services
- Depression Symptoms and Treatment
- Psycho / Educational / Dyslexia Assessment
- Anxiety Attacks Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Stress Management
- Couple Counselling
- Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples (E.F.T.C.)
- Family therapy
- Learning Disibilities
- Marriage / Relationship / Couple Counselling
- Bereavement and Loss
- Eating Disorders
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Parent and Infant Counselling Services
- Psychological and Psychotherapy Services
- Child Counselling and Psychotherapy Services
- Art Therapy
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Low cost services
- ArticlesArticles of interest
- ContactGet in touch
Couples counselling focuses on the therapy of the relationship, rather than one person being the focus of the specific psychological problem. The couples therapist will focus on the problems in the relationship between the two people. Couples therapists are aware of the need to hear both sides of the story and do not take sides. Through the experience of a providing a safe confidential place a couple can learn how to talk, listen and be heard.
Anyone concerned about their relationship can attend, whether they are married, living together, separated or single. people may be heterosexual or in a same sex relationship.
Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples (E.F.T.C.)
Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples (E.F.T.C.) is a well researched method of therapy for couples. Pioneered by Dr. Sue Johnson it is based upon a science of adult love and attachment. EFTC recognizes that couple conflict and distress arises from basic adult needs for safety, security and closeness not being met in their intimate relationships.
The process of EFTC helps to change the interactional patterns between a couple and provide a safe and effective path for long term relational healing.
An Cuan therapists
Grainne, Kathy and James have trained in this method of couple work.