- HomeAn Cuan
- About usGeneral info
- An Cuan
- Áine O Connor
- Anna Milleri
- Ann-Marie Clancy
- Barbara McWilliams
- Deirdre Griffin
- Donna Redmond
- Fergal Carroll
- Francess Kenny-Denneny
- Geraldine Casey
- Gráinne Casey
- Judy O’Grady
- Kathy Morley
- Katja Heyer
- Madeleine Connolly
- Maeve Toomey
- Marie Walshe
- Mark Twomey
- Paul Flannery
- Sarah Houston
- Sarah-Jane Reilly
- Valerie Kelly
- Counselling and Therapy services
- Room Rental
- Our ServicesFull List of Services
- Depression Symptoms and Treatment
- Psycho / Educational / Dyslexia Assessment
- Anxiety Attacks Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Stress Management
- Couple Counselling
- Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples (E.F.T.C.)
- Family therapy
- Learning Disibilities
- Marriage / Relationship / Couple Counselling
- Bereavement and Loss
- Eating Disorders
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Parent and Infant Counselling Services
- Psychological and Psychotherapy Services
- Child Counselling and Psychotherapy Services
- Art Therapy
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Low cost services
- ArticlesArticles of interest
- ContactGet in touch
Learning Disability Assessment For Children
Child educational assessments
The fee for a psycho educational assessment is €595. When an appointment for a psycho-educational assessment is offered to you we will write to you confirming your appointment with our psychologist. We will also send an information pack, which includes the following: a parent consent form, a parent history form and teacher observation form.
The teacher form needs to be passed on to whatever teacher knows the student best e.g. class teacher, learning support/resource teacher or guidance counselor. The parents consent form needs to be signed by both parents prior to the assessment.
At An Cuan we aim to keep our waiting lists as short as possible to facilitate urgent assessments. On account of this we will only be able to hold the appointment date for ten days from when you accept the appointment.
Please forward a deposit of €150 as a deposit to hold the appointment. The balance is payable in full on the date of the assessment. You will receive the detailed assessment report within two/three weeks of the assessment.
Schedule of Assessment
- Initial contact with An Cuan to set up assessment
- Follow-up letter re. confirmation of appointment. This includes teacher observation form, parent background information form and consent form (where applicable).
- In order to provide a quality service to clients the practice is run on an individual appointment basis. When an appointment is made the psychologist’s time is allocated specifically to you for that given period. Therefore a deposit needs to be received, by return, in order to hold the appointment.
- Meeting with parents.
- Formal assessment with child/adolescent/adult, lasting approx. 1.5 – 2 hours.
Educational Assessment involves:
- Cognitive (I.Q.) assessment
- Attainment testing e.g. reading, spelling
- Perceptual testing and further diagnostic testing where indicated
- Clinical observations
Emotional/Behavioural Assessment (where indicated) involves:
- The above elements of educational assessment
- Appropriate emotional/behavioural measurements
- Liaison with school and other agencies (where indicated and required)
- The balance of the fee is payable on the day of assessment
- Detailed written report is sent to parents/adult with recommendations.
- Follow up meeting (where applicable) to discuss recommendations.