- HomeAn Cuan
- About usGeneral info
- An Cuan
- Counselling and Therapy services
- Room Rental
- Our ServicesFull List of Services
- Depression Symptoms and Treatment
- Psycho / Educational / Dyslexia Assessment
- Anxiety Attacks Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Stress Management
- Couple Counselling
- Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples (E.F.T.C.)
- Family therapy
- Learning Disibilities
- Marriage / Relationship / Couple Counselling
- Bereavement and Loss
- Eating Disorders
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Parent and Infant Counselling Services
- Psychological and Psychotherapy Services
- Child Counselling and Psychotherapy Services
- Art Therapy
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Low cost services
- ArticlesArticles of interest
- ContactGet in touch
Learning Disability Assessment for Adults
Learning Disability Assessments for Adults
When an appointment for a psycho-educational assessment is offered to you we will write to you confirming an appointment with the psychologist. We will also send you an information form to be completed and returned to the Centre.
The fee as outlined to you is €595. A deposit of €150, made payable to the psychologist needs to be sent by return, so that we can hold the appointment date for you.
At An Cuan we aim to keep our waiting lists as short as possible to facilitate urgent assessments. On account of this we will only be able to hold the appointment date for ten days from when you confirmed the appointment. The balance is payable in full on the day of the assessment. You will receive the detailed assessment report within two/three weeks of the assessment.
Schedule of Learning Disability Assessment for Adults
- Initial contact with An Cuan to set up assessment. This includes consultation re. appropriateness of assessment.
- Follow-up letter re. confirmation of appointment, including an information form to be filled out to provide background information.
- In order to provide a quality service to clients the practice is run on an individual appointment basis. When an appointment is made the psychologist’s time is allocated specifically to you for that given period. Therefore a deposit needs to be received, by return, to secure appointment.
- Meeting with client
- Formal assessment with client, lasting approx. 1.5 – 2 hours Educational Assessment involves:
- Cognitive (I.Q.) assessment
- Attainment testing e.g. reading, spelling
- Perceptual testing and further diagnostic testing where indicated.
- Clinical observations
- The balance of the fee is payable on the day of assessment
- Detailed written report is sent to client with recommendations.
- Follow up meeting (where applicable) to discuss recommendations.