Individual Counselling and Psychotherapy
Coping with the challenges and stresses of modern living may present problems for the individual. These difficulties can manifest themselves in a variety of symptoms.
Counselling tends to be a short term exploration of current personal difficulties. Psychotherapy is a more long term process which enables people to understand the deeper roots of their present difficulties.
An Cuan offers counselling and psychotherapy to anyone seeking help. In a one-to-one confidential relationship with the counsellor / therapist, you are offered support and safety to explore and understand your difficulties and so find your way through these difficulties.
We offer treatment for the following issues:
- anxiety e.g. fears, phobias, panic attacks
- relationship difficulties and sexual difficulties
- eating disorders e.g. anorexia, bulimia, compulsive-overeating, eating distress
- bereavement counselling
- psychosomatic disorders
- adoption and fostering issues
- confidence, self-esteem and social difficulties
- negotiating life changes e.g. birth of new baby, menopause, unemployment, separation and divorce
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- anger management
- sexual abuse
Contact us for further information.